TV Capsule - A film for you, made by you.
- We want people to produce a 2-3 minute film about their life in Test Valley
- Films will be used to create a ‘Video Tapestry’ – a time capsule of today.
- Anyone can take part, no special equipment is needed. Help is available.
- The closing date for film submissions is December 31st 2020.
Visit https://www.tvcapsule.co.uk for full details.
In 1983, the people of Test Valley made a time capsule tapestry with thread, capturing a moment in the borough’s history for future generations. Now, nearly 40 years later in 2020, we’re doing it again, but this time, instead of thread, we’re using video to create a ‘digital’ tapestry.
It’s a similar idea – to weave together what makes us who we are – the things we care about, the people we care about and why 2020 has been such a memorable year. And it has been quite a year. How will we look back at our lives in Test Valley 2020? What will we remember and what was most significant.
How to get involved.
It’s up to you to make the films – but we’re here to help, with “how to” videos and regular support surgeries to help you get your films made.
You could make a film about almost anything that has meaning for you, (see the four rules) or gets you excited. The digital tapestry is about 2020, about the here and now.
So, what’s on your mind? Is there something that is keeping you up at night or something that gets you out of bed in the morning? Who or what matters to you? And where are the places that offer you inspiration or comfort?
We want as many people from as many different backgrounds as possible to be part of this project, so the more people that get involved the better. So spread the word and get others involved too
No video camera? No worries
Using a smartphone is fine. There are some ‘how to’ videos on our website to help you make the most of whatever video camera you have; phone, tablet, DSLR or video camera – as the saying goes “the best camera is the one you have with you.”
Keep it simple and have fun
It doesn’t have to be a Hollywood production (although it could be!) Keep it simple and have fun.
There are only four things to remember, (without which we will not be able to include your film).
- Your film must be no longer than 3 minutes
- Submission must be via the web form
- We need to know you have the permission of everyone in the film – again, see the form
- The film must be suitable for people of all ages.
Visit https://www.tvcapsule.co.uk for details, inspiration or to upload your film.